Thursday, May 19, 2011


 Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. 
 
Robert Frost

Faint Hints Toward Lovely Dreams

Upon this cliff I gently lie
And wait as white clouds roll on by
The birds that swiftly raise their wings
And whisk across the evening sky.
I wonder as the waves flow in,
Though silent 'til they cease and thin 
From every shore to curving shore,
But I can't help to think of when
The sun will sink and stars will glow
And gently casting light below
Will hint toward wishes of sweet dreams
And guide me toward my way back home
Where dreams, like waves, will freely flow
Where dreams, like waves, will freely flow.

nikai boyarko

3 comments:

  1. Nikai--This poem is lovely. I hope you will continue to play with its language because it has true potential! The simile of the lake and the imagery of the various light upon it has such depth as it connects to dreams and thoughts. The line I would play with--from every shore to curving shore--do more with this one.--Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikai, I love your word choice throught this poem! I can clearly understand the purpose behind it and I feel exactly what the character is feeling as you display quiet. "Where dreams, like waves, will freely flow" is a great simile that describes to me about how many unorganized dreams and throughts the character has. In previous lines such as, "I wonder as the waves flow in" helps me define the uncertainty of the character. Your rhyming usage throughout also adds a great aspect to this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikai-- I absolutely love this poem! I was feeling very energetic and this poem completely calmed me down (which is good because I need to go to sleep soon). I have a clear image in my head of your description and it has left me with a feeling of peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete